Morning Sky Greenery’s shipping season begins in early May in the order in which orders were received. Morning Sky Greenery will ship spring ephemerals first, such as Bloodroot, Trillium and Hepatica. These early spring shipments may include dormant or bare root plants. The transition to shipping non-ephemeral species typically happens in mid-May. Shipping delays of up to a few weeks are common in May! Morning Sky Greenery will continue to ship plants throughout the growing season and into the fall. Our fall shipments will include plants that are going into dormancy. These plants may exhibit fall color or may be dormant, but we will continue to ship plants until the ground freezes up in west central Minnesota. Remember, fall is a great time to plant and will give you a “jump- start” on the following spring!
NOTE: Due to extreme variation in temperature and snowfall in Minnesota, Morning Sky Greenery reserves the right to hold orders until plants are ready for shipment and weather conditions are favorable for planting them. While we cannot guarantee specific ship dates, feel free to include a time frame or date preference in the comment box at the end of checkout.
All products will be delivered, in healthy condition, to UPS. We cannot guarantee plant survival longer than 2 days in transit. We do not guarantee plant survival when subject to circumstances beyond our control, whether in transit or after delivery. If there is a problem with your plants, please contact us as we may be able to help.
1) We DO NOT ship to HI, AK, CA, Canada or anywhere else outside of the contiguous U.S.
2) Our plants are grown in west-central Minnesota (USDA plant hardiness zone 4) and are best suited to the Midwest and Northeast. We cannot guarantee the survival of your plants if you are ordering for climates that do not experience periods of vernalization. We encourage customers ordering for the Southeast (GA, FL, AL, SC, MS, etc.) to support nurseries within their climate!
We will contact you when your order is ready to arrange a pick-up time. If you would like to request a specific pick-up time, please call in advance to make arrangements, preferably 24+hrs before you plan to arrive. There will be no handling charge for orders picked up at Morning Sky Greenery. All orders must be picked up within 14 days after notification that your order is ready. Plant availability after 14 days will not be guaranteed.
We require that all orders be paid in full prior to shipping, unless other arrangements have been made. All credit accounts are due 30 days from date of invoice. Past due accounts will be subject to a 1.5% monthly finance charge.
Substitutions, Duplications, and Credits
In the event that one of your choices is out of stock, we may make substitutions, duplicate other items from your order, or issue credit. If you have a preference whether you receive credit or a substitution, please indicate your preference when you checkout. We most often substitute sizes and rarely substitute species. We will typically contact you if we are considering making a species substitution. If you do not ask for substitution and an item you have ordered is unavailable, we will remove the cost from your invoice and adjust your total accordingly.
Plant Return Policy
Morning Sky Greenery does not guarantee plant survival when subject to conditions beyond our control. This includes plant loss due to over or under watering, winter kill, animal damage and plants installed in soil or sun exposure other than those recommended on our website or in our catalog.
Please do the following upon receipt:
- Check your order fully and alert us to any errors. Place in a cool spot (<85F) with some natural light and water when dry until you are ready to plant.
- If your order has not arrived within 3-5 days after we email that we have shipped your plants, please call or email immediately at (320) 795-6234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All credit or refund claims must be received within 60 days of receipt.
Many native prairie plants will not grow until soil warms up substantially (late spring). Please allow your native prairie plants time to grow before declaring them non-viable.
Seed Return Policy
- We cannot accept seed returned after 30 days. Seed and packaging must be returned in good condition. Labels must be intact.
- Custom seed mixes are non-refundable.